The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

EARTH DAY is right around the corner!! While once thought to be a haven for hippie celebrations and granola- loving tree huggers - Earth Day is a reminder for all of us that we each share both an equal & important part in our planet's future.

So - in the coming weeks, I ask that you consider how YOU can improve your little part of the world. Recycle more?? Bring your canvas/knitted/felted market bags to the grocery store?? Compost organic waste?? Walk instead of ride when you can?? Turn down your household thermostat a few degrees?? ME?? I am starting something new today: a 5 minute shower!! The timer is coming in with me and when it goes off, I come out! (While some of you may already take a 5 minute shower, I like to grow webbed feet!) This should be interesting!
Wish me luck!

Progress is being made on my Fana Mittens. My tension is tight - which is causing me a wee bit of grief .... my hand barely fits!! I doubt that blocking will do the trick. And the thumb?? MoMMa Mia - I still don't know if I am doing it right. C'est la vie ... if not, off to the frog pond they will go, then Lo' and Behold, if I redo them, they may actually fit!! Comments, please!


No comments: