The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, October 10, 2003

Vacations come & go! Mine came & went all to fast. I don't really feel energize & relaxed as it was a time to catch up with old friends & to make new ones. But, ANY time that is spent doing different things in a different place is a welcome change in a basically boring routine. I would LOVE to show you pictures, but for some reason for which only the cyber-Gods know - I can't! C'est la vie! I did travel to Block Island (RI) and my accomodations were beautiful as always!! Yes - I have stayed at this B&B the last 7 years.
THE BLUE DORY INN is centrally located in the Old Harbor district. Perfect for strolling & eating. The shopping this time of year is pretty non-existant - but with the natural beauty of the island - who would want to be INside?? Even while running to & fro on the island - I did manage to knit on a scarf that will be gifted to a friend's niece! I am hoping that due to the beauty & calmness the area provides - I knit a ton of good, healing karma into it as this friend's niece suffered from a severe car accident a while back. Thankfully - she is on the mend. AND - just like I need another hobby - my good friend STASIA has addicted me to the craft of letter writing once again. As I child I collected wonderful papers & notecards - just to have. I think I was the only teenager on my block who owned wax & a letter sealer! While I admire the immediacy of the internet and the wonderful way with which it connects the world - I also enjoy receiving beautiful hand written messages on fine papers & cards. I love opening them and I love admiring the stamps. Weird?? Nope - just simplistic in its old fashioned quality. I think I need calling cards ... wouldn't THAT be fun!! What have you been up to .... TAG ME - you are IT!!

No comments: