The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Spring is here ... the RED SOX are in first place in their division ... life is pretty sweet!

As always - I have been busy dyEing, carding & spinning. But, now I must add gardening & lawn chores to my daily repetoire. I LOVE being outside and since my husband & I try to live as organically as possible ... I feel my efforts help the Earth. I don't mind being busy - I just have a problem with wasting time.

Part of my time wasting has to do with photographing fiber. I NEVER knew how hard it was until I tried capturing the correct colors of skeins & batts in a digital format. Since I sell the stuff, it is VERY important to capture the colors as best I can! Sure, listing colors is helpful, but my idea of 'celery' is totally different than someone elses!

So, I have a tip! Photograph your work using its complimentary color as a background. White or black backgrounds are nice - but they may distort the exact color you are trying to capture. Using a simple color wheel - often available at craft stores and a staple in art stores ... you can decipher complimentary colors. If all else fails this CYBER COLOR WHEEL shows the complimentary colors if you scroll down a bit.

Hope this tidbit of info helps someone! TAG ME ... You are it!

No comments: