The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, August 05, 2004

Hip Hip HOORAY!! The humidity is finally GONE! There are many reasons why I dislike the humidity: flatter hair than normal, no AC in the studio, and especially - my wool doesn't dry.

I have had a beast of time working on wool this week - but 'they' say it will feel almost 'fall-like' this weekend ... another Hip Hip HOORAY!! I am keeping my sockless toes crossed ... I don't put to much stock into "Live Doppler Radar".

I did subscribe to a neat magazine today. Wild Fibers is based in Maine and seems to go where other fiber mags don't. How could I resist 'The Seaweed Sheep', as featured in the current issue?? Do join me in a subscription .... tell *Linda* Kary sent you!

As you know, I love incorporating doggie fur into woolen batts for spinning. I am currently working on a commission project for a lovely lady who is planning something special for her grandaughter. As you can see, the collie's fur is on the left - my batts, which include wool from "Abigail" & "Guy", some silk & angelina sparkle - are on the right. I still have a long way to go ... see the first paragraph ... doggie fur doesn't dry in the humidity either! TAG ME ... you are it!

No comments: