The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Yesterday, for the first time in a long time - I picked up a spindle. It isn't that I don't love my spindle children anymore ... I just like the production of the wheel much better.

But, there is something to be said about the quiet stillness a spindle brings. It is no fuss - low maintenance and really, really portable. You just have to love that.

Most of the time, while using the wheel, I end up with snippets of singles on the bobbins. I collect them, then create wee skeins for future use or sale. They have such personalities and are *so* perfect for stripes, but they are even more perfect for spindles!

Needless to say - I enjoyed using my Greensleeves, E. Marie low whorl. Elizabeth doesn't make these spindles anymore - and mine is in pink Ivorywood. It is so very girlie.

"Priscilla", a blue faced leicester/shetland x was the remnant left on the bobbin. I quickly Andean plyed the singles and started in on the fun. WhEEEE! Picking up something that you haven't done in a while is a great way to refresh the Muse.

I have included a photo of Miss E. Marie. It is against a backdrop of blended "Priscilla" & "Merlin" a suffolk x. Try something a wee bit different today and remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! ... Comments, please!

No comments: