The Knotty Sheep Shop

Monday, June 09, 2008

A Mitten Weekend

I am having a difficult digesting that we are in the middle of our first heat wave. YiKes!

My garden lettuce is wilting ... Diesel is wilting ... and I am just plain melting. Seriously, it is ONLY the second week in June and temps in the mid 90's makes this New Englander quite crabby! Sigh ....

I did manage to complete 3 pair of mittens for Macuwita sni over the weekend. Yes - it was quite warm to knit ... but mittens, like sox, are EZ PZ in the heat. They are small - they barely touch you - and while you are sweating off water weight - you know come December they will being warming the hands of someone who hands just might have been terribly cold last winter.

So ... here they are!! The trio was made from stash yarns. A truly nice way to reduce my mountain of yarn! WhEEEEEE!

5 comments:

Denise in Kent, WA said...

Love the mittens, Kary! What a great way to use up the stash.

Pamela said...

Those little mitts are really sweet. What pattern did you use?

Stasia said...

Kary, those are beautiful. What quick work! I also would appreciate the name of your pattern...

FabricFascination said...

Hi Kary,

You have been blog tagged - and you're IT!

If you care to participate, follow the link posted below to my site for the rules:

http://kimbuktu.net/whatsnewjune2008.html

Hope you have as much fun with it as I did!

Kathleen said...

I'd like to know the pattern of the mittens, too! where can I find it?