The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, June 20, 2008

to knit or draw?

Some long time readers of this BloG remember that I am an 'artist' - at least I think of myself as one. Pastels are my medium when I long to put images on paper. I like to think that I am half way decent in this foray too. Like knitting & spinning - there is always room for improvement, and the more time one makes to develop a talent, the more talent they seem to have.

There in lies my problem: putting the time into drawing once again. I really, really, really want to draw - but, I am nervous. O Heck ... I am actually afraid. There, I said it ... I admitted to the world that I am afraid to draw! What if I lost *it*? What if I can't translate what I *see* on to paper??

This weekend, as I attempt to complete a pair of sox for Macuwita sni ... I will also attempt to draw.

I found this sketch from 18 YEARS ago:



This pastel was created about 5 years ago:



Sadly - there hasn't been to many paintings since .... sigh!

So, I ask you to send me 'creating vibes & calming energies!' This weekend, I wish to painting something ... wish me luck!

2 comments:

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Kary, just do it! If it isn't as "good" as you think it should be do another and another. If something I'm making doesn't come out the way I want it, I smoosh the clay and start over. If I'm painting, I paint over it and try again (I paint on walls mostly) it is just paint. It is OK - just do it!

ps....LOVE your sheep!!!!

Doll Creelman-Migliaccio said...

Sending you all sorts of creative energy for the weekend. You have such talent! Do what makes you feel good.

Take care. Peace.
Doll