The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, June 20, 2008

to knit or draw?

Some long time readers of this BloG remember that I am an 'artist' - at least I think of myself as one. Pastels are my medium when I long to put images on paper. I like to think that I am half way decent in this foray too. Like knitting & spinning - there is always room for improvement, and the more time one makes to develop a talent, the more talent they seem to have.

There in lies my problem: putting the time into drawing once again. I really, really, really want to draw - but, I am nervous. O Heck ... I am actually afraid. There, I said it ... I admitted to the world that I am afraid to draw! What if I lost *it*? What if I can't translate what I *see* on to paper??

This weekend, as I attempt to complete a pair of sox for Macuwita sni ... I will also attempt to draw.

I found this sketch from 18 YEARS ago:



This pastel was created about 5 years ago:



Sadly - there hasn't been to many paintings since .... sigh!

So, I ask you to send me 'creating vibes & calming energies!' This weekend, I wish to painting something ... wish me luck!

2 comments:

ZudaGay said...

Kary, just do it! If it isn't as "good" as you think it should be do another and another. If something I'm making doesn't come out the way I want it, I smoosh the clay and start over. If I'm painting, I paint over it and try again (I paint on walls mostly) it is just paint. It is OK - just do it!

ps....LOVE your sheep!!!!

Doll Creelman-Migliaccio said...

Sending you all sorts of creative energy for the weekend. You have such talent! Do what makes you feel good.

Take care. Peace.
Doll