The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I have been extra busy of late! Working (day job), working (fiber job), spinning & knitting. That doesn't take into consideration household chores and other assorted responsibilities. Top it all off with cruising the internet and finding wonderful free patterns just waiting to be created. (OK - some need to be purchased - but, Hey! - I share the love!) Yes - I am busy!

Of course, when I find a pattern that peeks my curiosity, I print it for my 3" binders. I splash the word free in the upper right hand corner, so I know I may share it at some future date. Being an artist that holds several copyrights - I uphold my fellow artists' creations with deep consideration!

Now, knowing me, the way that "I am" - I go off to search for the appropriate yarns that make my heart sing. What is more glorious than a wonderful pattern complimented by the most perfect of yarns?? But, knowing me the way that "I do" - I forget 'what yarn' is for 'what pattern' and I end up by doing something totally nuts with it!

Enter "Project Box"! My "Project Box" has patterns bagged with appropriate yarn! Kits awaiting for the touch of my finger tips! Special skeins waiting to be united with the most wonderous of patterns! My "box" was loaded within 5 mins - and it is 36" long. Sigh ...

Well, I must get cracking! I find at least 3 new patterns a day! That is almost 1100 patterns in a year! Woe is me ... it is already April! Comments .... Please!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Your project box is such a great idea. I use a binder for all the patterns I find on the net but this is a step up. Kudos I could never be this organized!

Birdsong said...

The project box is a great idea! I have bags with the yarns waiting, but sometimes by the time I get back round, I can't remember what it was I was going to do with them! The Irish Hiking Scarf turned out great; what are you making in red next?