The Knotty Sheep Shop

Monday, January 16, 2006

Weather in New England is nuts! .... We went from almost 60 degrees to 8 in the span of 48 hours. With howling winds, pouring rain and a wee bit of snow - fiber was the word of the weekend! (OK - football was right up there too - but with the Patriots loss - sigh ... )

Cold temps and weekends set the scene as a grand playground for wool!

My friend Stasia doesn't live in NE - but her chilly temps sparked a wonderful scarf. (I am boasting a wee bit as I painted the yarn!) I am *really* thinking I need a Rigid Heddle Loom now - her art piece is simply amazing!

My friend Pamela has been busy doing vests for the CIC . Aren't they wonderful??

Me? Well ... I finished my 39th hat for Dulaan. AND - I have decided to change my goal just a tad. I am getting BORED doing hats ... so my challenge has become "100 Woolies." This way, I can do scarves or mittens or vests or sox. I just don't like being bored.

I also spun some wonderful romney from a sheepie named "Handsome". His fleece is glorious. I am pretty sure these will see the dye pots .... but right now, I just like looking at 15 oz of woolie bliss. Look at that luster! Comments, please!

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I think your idea of changing the focus on your Dulaan knittnig is great. The more you enjoy what you're knitting, the more you will do, so everyone benefits :)

Denise said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen such lustrous Romney skeins. In your skilled hands, I'm sure they would look even more magnificent dYed! (I, on the other hand, would be terrified of 'spoiling' them...)