The Knotty Sheep Shop

Saturday, October 28, 2006

I can't remember the last time I posted on a Saturday. Rain will do that ... I not just talking about wee drops - I am talking something just shy of a monsoon. I am talking windswept leaves - complete with branches attached.

It is one of those days to stay in snuggled next to a loved one, sipping coffee, hot cocoa or some libation watching college ball on the tube. That is of course, unless said windswept branches pull down your power lines.

I like days like this. It forces me to slow down and to catch up. To organize and get familar with the things that I have. Sometimes, 'Life' infiltrates to the point of madness and it becomes a challenge just to climb over the clutter. Some seek to tame Everest ... I seek to implode the clutter pile.

The studio is getting an over haul ... it is long over due. I am feeling like the FlyLady on steriods. Wool, yarn, patterns, pastels, acrylics, canvas and various papers - all are in a flux. Things will get better - the sun will come out tomorrow!

Days like today also afford me the opportunity to catch up on some serious BloG reading. Alicia has written a great piece for 10/27! I urge you to read it - it is very eloquent and thought provoking.

But, back to the over haul ... here are the few tidbits of knittedness that were finally completed. The beaded scarf is soaking - so that will be posted later in the week. It is the Dubblemossa & one fair isle mitten. (Not to worry - I casted on for its mate last night!) Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

3 comments:

KnitNana said...

PRETTY!!!
(((hugs)))

Doll said...

"FLY LADY" on what? lol Maybe we should talk!!

Your knitting is, as always, amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Doll...in wind swept and very wet..Ottawa

Dove Knits said...

I am in LOVE with that mitten. It's just so gorgeous. (The border on the bottom is the same one my mittens have...only I didn't knit them, my brother's best friend's mom did!).