The Knotty Sheep Shop

Sunday, December 30, 2007

After Christmas Snowflakes

Ah .... Christmas! I miss it already. Is it OK to say that there are only 361 days until Santa stops by once again??

I don't partake in mall shopping therefore, I miss the return frenzy. My gifts were either made by moi or fellow artists. It felt good to support those who use their hands to make their living. In most cases, I find those that create tend to walk gently upon the Earth. Some artists even support great causes/charities ... yep ... you don't get that at a mall.

Of course, now, I totally feel 'back on track'. The visiting has waned and food preparations have returned to normal. The decorations are still up and they will be for at least another week. I hate to let go .... good byes are difficult. :(

But while the festivities have ended ( I don't *do* New Year's Eve ) - it is time to knit for those in need. This weekend, I parked myself in one of my favorite chairs to knit for Macuwita sni . Diesel urged me on.



I started
Kathleen Taylor's Snowflake Hat.
I used some Dale of Norway Hauk that I had stashed.



Of course, with the Patriots playing some history making football - I knit & knit & knit some more.



I dropped the needle size down to a 2 ... and I do love the way the Hauk knit up. Check out it's innards ....



All in all a good weekend. The Pats are 16-0 and Macuwita sni is getting a new hat! Bring on 2008!
Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Your hat is beautiful!

Denise in Kent, WA said...

I love fair isle! Your hat is beautiful, Kary. The colors are great - bright and cheery while retaining a traditional feel.

And the pattern is a freebie! I think it may be time to go stash diving... :)