The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, January 04, 2008

Using the Stash

Since we are now on Day 4 of the New Year - I am pretty committed to using up some of the stash that I have in the studio. I must. There are so many patterns and yarns that are popping up before my eyes that I need to make room for their arrival.

I have yet to purchase them, but, that is OK. Each new item have been 'book marked'. One of the things I am going to make is the Team USA Pullover at KidsKnits. I have loved the retro look of this pattern since I first discovered it ... I actually *need* to make it. But first, back to reality: the Stash Mountain must be conquered.

In my project boxes, I found a little ditty called the "Whitney Hat" by Fine Knits Design. I googled a wee bit and found nothing about it. I know I purchased it from Nordic Fiber Arts a year or two ago. Should be interesting as the pattern repeats don't coincide with the amount of stitches. No problem the instructions infer ... the pattern will 'still look fine'.

I am so intrigued by this methodology. My anal-retentiveness aside - I am going to make this baby just to see what the pattern looks like. Here it is in it's infantile beginnings:



This is going to be a wild ride!
Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

No comments: