The Knotty Sheep Shop

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

September

September is one of my most favorite months. I am quite confident that I repeat myself yearly on this fact. I think for me it is a time when I get a ton of stuff done. My way of celebrating cooler temperatures & 'fallish' colors. I think I am thanking God for them both as well!


It is also a great time of reflection. My daily routine relaxes the tiniest of bits as I rejoice in morning coffee in the sleepy sun. The dogs rest comfortably on cushions after their walk instead of panting on cold tile in efforts to cool down quickly. Yes, September is an awesome month!

Of course, knitting takes center stage. A few weeks from now, woolies will be needed for those dog walks; trips to the bus stop; raking of leaves; football; and all those fun activities enjoyed only in the fall. If you could just stop for a moment and realize all those in need who could use a warm scarf; a pair of mittens; a hat or socks ... you would be overwhelmed.

One of the many things I LOVE about knitters & the fiber community is their commitment to share. I have just completed 2 scarves for the Christmas at Sea program. These were knit out of handspun & will be mailed out early next week.

I am currently in the process of knitting another scarf for Outreach to Appalachia.




Whatever your fancy - I do hope you will take a moment to knit something for someone somewhere. This world sure could use YOUR talent & YOUR good vibes to make a heart warm & a smile shared.

No comments: