The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I thought July was a quiet time??

I thought July was a quiet time.

I thought that with the heat came a simple quietness - a quietness that may be broken by a child's laughter, splashes in the sea, ice cubes in lemonade or, for those that have it ... the hum of the air conditioner.

HA! I say!

I am so busy, my head hurts! I am so busy, I barely breathe! There are a number of factors - and truth be told, I thought that I had them under control. Households, husband, pets, jobs, gardens and family challenges make the world one non-stop party.

So much for being carefree.

But, Life still goes on and while I don't have a spare moment to think ... thank goodness for the internet! I am filled with gratitude that there is a world and friends out there who are just a click away! HOOray for Cyber-space!

Knitting is still part of my busy Life. My parents, while facing challenges of their own in recent years are still going as fast as they can with the health issues they bare. This past weekend, they came for a visit. MoM was thrilled to shove 11 pair of mittens for Macuwita ani into my arms. How VERY cool!


These mittens, when entered into the database last night - pushed us over the 100 pair mark. Thanks MoM!!

Today ... we hit 110 with these babies:



It just blows me away to know that so many on the Cheyenne River Sioux reservation will have wonderful woolie warmth this winter! Thank you everyone .... please keep up the great work.

I will try really hard to "Be Calm and Carry On" ... (thanks Britain for that wonderful slogan!) - I still have much to do and if I can get as much done as my 'mom who is up in years can' ... Life will be refreshing and yet relaxing!
Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please! http://www.theknottysheep.com

No comments: