The Knotty Sheep Shop

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Charity knitting, once again!

One of the things I have really missed is the 'knitting for charity' portion of my creative time. I have not been focused enough to even give it a second thought. Shame on me!

There are so many persons in 'need' out in the world. The news is full of horror stories on a day to day (if not minute by minute) basis. It is sad, really, that the good stuff is hard to find. Time to step out of cardboard moving box and pay attention to somebody else.

Whilst on Ravelry, I came upon a group devoted to those on the sea. The Seamen's Church Institute. It is inter-faith and has been around since the late 1800's. Really ... how cool is that!

Scarves are needed and you can use wool as long as you label it as such. It must be marked as 'hand washable' too. If you have the inclination, you can find a wee bit about knitting for the "Christmas at Sea" program here.

What will *I* be using??? This handspun!! I think the green is befitting Christmas ...
Hopefully, this yarn will make a FAB scarf!!

No comments: