The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, November 14, 2002

I have decided to itemize a summary of completed fibery festivities on each Sunday. That way - everyone can see progress made. Even if it is a skein completed - that reduces the fiber stash!! Speaking of fiber stash - I am on a self imposed fiber hiatus. I want to see how long it will last!! Today is day # 10. Seems like just a wee bit of time - but for a fiber junkie - it is light years. Especially when so many enabling friends are constantly bombarding you with great rovings! Rovings has some great choices. I immediately fell for the 'PARROTS' colorway. How could I not when I share my life with a very demanding parrot named Kiwi!??? But - I can't!! I am strong!! I have will power!! ( I am woman - hear me roar!!) ~~ I was informed by my sister that my brother in law is requesting hand made wool sox for Christmas. Remember, that was my initial plan, but his size 13 feet scared me?? Well, I have already woven some mug rugs for him, but I will see what I can do. I think I have some yarn in my stash that I can use. He needs them for bed sox so strength of yarn isn't a real issue. Wish me luck! ~~ My husband & I also decided to sponsor one more child. John-larri is our 4th & final. I truly think that for $24 dollars a month sponsoring thru Childreach gives the world that little extra bit of love needed on a day to day basis. (OK- now you see why the self imposed fiber hiatus!! ggg) Anywhoo - please meet our 13 year old sponsored child .... John-larri! Doesn't he have THE most infectious smile ever??
TAG ME .... you are it!!

No comments: