The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, February 06, 2003

Bonjour!! Suffice to say - I have had a lot going on in recent days. Knitting, spinning, reading "The Artist Way" and "Simple Abundance", plus drawing!! I finally finished my first pastel and thought I would share it with you here. I am not sure what to call it - a drawing or a painting - oh heck!! I will just call it a "masterpiece". (Can you tell that I am pretty proud??) I have been drawing for as long as I can remember - which is actually longer than I have been knitting. I do have an amazing teacher who I *think* brings out the best of my style. This is actually a Bosworth spindle. I liked to draw the 'roundness' of the whorl and their craftsmanship made my job EZ-PZ! Let me know what you think - I am looking forward to my new career of 'STAR-ving Artiste' !! TAG ME ... touche!!


No comments: