The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Last week, I carded 18 oz of wool, and I spun over 9 oz. I like being productive. It is a tad ironic that we amass such fiber stashes, only to look forward to a decrease in their size. But, in life's scheme of things, wool and yarn seem harmless enough. I mean, to my knowledge, none of this stuff has ever come to life.

Progress has also been made on the Aran Pocket Shawl! I actually visited a yarn shop this weekend, and purchased some "Artful Yarn, Portrait" in the "Fazio's Mistress" colorway. (How can you not LOVE the name??) This is going to highlight the fuschia and orange tidbits in the "Buffalo Browniski", Peace Fleece. Not only that, I am going to love the contrast between delicate and lacy against the textured worsted background! ... Check it out:



I still have a bit of work to do on the shawl .... let's just say 17 more repeats (each repeat is 18 rows.) Busy! Busy! Busy!!

Should I mention I have fallen in love with this Sweater ??? Comments ... please!

1 comment:

dragon knitter said...

holy cow, what a sweater! that's a tour d'force! go for it!