The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, September 23, 2005

There is nothing better than a fibery sabbatical!! That is just what I will be doing in the coming week .... spinning, knitting on the Aran Pocket Shawl, dabbling in a few items for The Dulaan Project!! I *need* to do this. No carding - no dyEing - just total playing!!

Nothing says Fiber Sabbatical like a big box o'fiber!! Mr. UPS man .... thanks so much for a wonderful "Bon Voyage" pressie!! I think everyone needs to get a Palette Sampler of their very own!! This box is just shy of 2 FEET in length ... YiPpEE!!! See ya next week - this is going to be one serious sabbatical!!

3 comments:

Birdsong said...

What great fun! My favorite Christmas gift as a child was a huge set of colored pencils, something like 30 colors in a fancy, gold-paper box that folded up into a workstand... oh, the possibilities. The recycled silk yarn can be stiff, and is generally bulky or heavy worsted. It would be good for a hat or little bag, but I don't think it would drape well for a scarf. Maybe it is getting better, but I would want to touch it first before buying, although I keep watching Ebay for recycled silk mixed with wool. You might look around and see if you can get it as roving to spin yourself and then ply with wool. Happy vacation!

Melanie said...

I saw that one in the catalog the other night and I think I might need one too. Its like a giant box of knitting crayons. WOoHoo!

luvs2knit said...

I bought the palette too. I love all the color : )!!! I'm probably going to knit up a nice fair Isle Sweater for my Master's Level III sweater through TKGA.