The Knotty Sheep Shop

Monday, October 03, 2005

Back from sabbatical!!

It was fun and relaxing AND I had a 'lightbulb' moment. Seems that I am spending way to much time doing things other than creating. Well, D'uh!

In some respects, day to day living can bring tidbits of inspiration. Words or pictures can strike a chord within and rise to become a masterpiece. But, day to day living can get in the way of JOY - it goes without saying *that* happens only if it is allowed.

Being on sabbatical is a necessary component to my muse. While I may not be able to take them often, having an "Artist Day" weekly (as per Julia Cameron) seems like a given.

(Just for the record though ... I did spin almost a pound of wool AND I knit 3 watch caps for The Dulaan Project last week! WhEEEEE!)

Hey, did you happen to see THIS? Sigh ... it is in the queue! Commments .... please!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the scarf. I think it is beautiful. I might just try to make it for one of my christmas gifts this year.