The Knotty Sheep Shop

Sunday, January 05, 2003

It's SUNDAY!! That means ... fiber 'Fession time!! This week was a rather productive one - given it was New Year's Eve / Day and it was UNdecorating time. So - I am pretty proud. I completed 2 FO's!! Hip Hip HOOray!! The first being my 9th pair of slippers for The Ships Project. These knit up SO fast that I have to slow myself down. If I knit to quickly - my hands start crying in agony. Sigh ... My second FO is a scarf for my 'Secret Santa' from work. (Our celebration is THIS month as everyone was just to tired to do it last month.) It is a superwash merino, hand spun yarn which I had purchased a while ago. I LOVE the stitch - it is called 'the purse stitich' - AND it is really EZ - PZ! I did it on size 5 needles in the hopes that it would make my yarn last as I only had one skein. The stitch itself is incredibly stretchy and it is perfect for a 'lacey-type' scarf. My spinning netted 2 skeins of 2 ply: a shetland / southdown blend, 29 yards and 'skunk' (a black & white layered roving) , 36 yards. Both these spindle skeins will go towards SIS's afghan. I hope you are having a great weekend! Let me know what you think of the scarf! TAG ME ... you are it!

No comments: