The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, March 25, 2003

I have fallen in love with Navajo plYing!! Last week, I had practiced on a space dYed skein that I had purchased. I didn't want to ruin any handspun over a new techinque! Anyway - it came out fine - some burps & slubs, but that is what makes our yarns EWE-nique! So - this weekend, in taking a break from SIS's Christmas afghan - I spun a bobbin of assorted wools. This came from the Totally Tubular kits from THE BELLWETHER. It was so much fun to create such a colorful yarn. Much to my chagrin - I should have realized that this technique would use more yarn than a regular 2ply. Oh, well - if I DO make socks from this - they will have to be striped! Learn something new every day!! I also completed my 19th pair of slippers for THE SHIP's PROJECT!! YAY - the need is truly at its greatest now. If you can help - please do!! Here is a peek at my skein .... what do you think?? TAG ME .... you are it!

No comments: