The Knotty Sheep Shop

Monday, July 25, 2005

I have been enjoying a rediscovery, as it were, of my spindles. I admit it - for the *most* part - I am a Wheel kind of girl! Love both the speed and production. Spindles are slow - the amount of time needed to complete sufficient yardage can be tantamount to watching paint dry. Most days - I like the instant gratification of a wheel.

The spindle *does* provide the tried and true mobility that is SO important during these summer months. When it is HOT, I can take a spindle under the shade of the grape arbor and enjoy the sun playing tag with the leaves while inhaling the intoxicating scent of new born grapes. I guess slowing down is what the spindle is all about!

So, I applaud you, O humble spindle! And while my wheel has never seen the inside of the Fleet Center - suffice to say, my Hatchtown has!! Besides, 'baby skeins' are SO cute! TAGS and COMMENTS .... please!

No comments: