The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

I have been looking at all the doggies available for adoption on my BloG! My DH receives at least a half dozen URLs a day (from me) with photos filled with the most soulful, yearning eyes. Truly - you can almost feel the tails wagging in the hopes that these deserving animals find a good, loving homes. I encourage you all to place a
PetFinder Banner on your BloGs and websites.

I would adopt them ALL ... but, the 2 pooches who reside with us are enough to handle. That is part of loving them - knowing when you can't take care of another soul. Our eldest, has become a Special Needs dog. She needs assistance for even one stair as she is arthritic and suffice to say - her back legs just don't work as well as they used too. She 'sees' the basics - but, we know her eyesight is beginning to fail. Overall, she is happy and 'healthy' AND she still keeps us on our toes. She is our elder fur baby - one whom commands the respect and appreciation of any 'lady of a certain age'.

Can you identify the pictured fiber?? It is difficult to be sure! Tiny clumps of short stapled fiber just waiting to be blended with wool. TAA DAA - it is
CURLY HORSE fiber! I purchased it a while back, and the monies went to Curly Horse Rescue. Let's take care of our animal friends ... "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Gandhi. TAGs and COMMENTs ... Please!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What does Curly Horse feel like? I've never seen a Curly Horse. By the way, the last two times I've come to your blog, there has been a pop-up, I don't know if you can do anything about this, but thought you should know. :)