The Knotty Sheep Shop

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I have been both feverishly working on the Dubblemossa (yes - it was supposed to be a Christmas gift for BIL - it will now hopefully be an Easter gift instead!) and charity knitting projects.

Yesterday, when going thru my handspun stash - I came upon 2 skeins of Navajo plyed yarn. I make these skeins when I have stocked piled various colors of hand carded batts.

Navajo Plying is easy - although the concept itself can be a wee bit confusing when digesting the written word. If you can visualize "crocheting a chain" - there is the concept behind NP. It really is a great way to keep colors distinct. Because the final yarn has a 3-ply thickness - my yarn is usually classified as a 'bulky weight'.

Suffice to say - I began knitting a charity hat - breaks of color add such excitement & cool striping! I miss Navajo plying as it has been a while since I had extra batts lying around for *ME* to play with. Hmmmm .... I wonder how long I can wait on the Dubblemossa? Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Your colors in this yarn are fantastic! I still don't get the Navajo spinning technique, but I'll have to try it.