The Knotty Sheep Shop

Saturday, March 03, 2007

My fascination with overdyeing is still going strong. There is no rhyme or reason to it - it is just spontaneous & unpredictable. I like that.

Many times, I think that we lose our sense of fun & wonder as we grow older. Thing become stagnant, mundane. Sure - I can measure dye with the best of them - but right now - I am just having way to much fun being 'spontaneous & unpredictable'!

Color elicits such emotion & attitude. One person's favorite color is another person's 'ick'. Another person's red is another person's pink. Isn't it neat that something SO simple can create such passion?

Here is a skein I overdyEd still in the pot. It might become a charity knitting project as it is a worsted weight. (BTW - I finished my 10th hat this week - it will be headed to Dulaan..... YAY!) Isn't it pretty? Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

2 comments:

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

What a lovely mix of colors. It brings to mind Easter hats!

Kathleen said...

I love the colors. How much did you do?