The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, September 06, 2007

For those of you on the "Motu" watch ... she is doing as well as can be expected. (For those of you new to "Motu" - she is my elder dog - the Grand Dame of the canine world in which I live.)

Her leg sore is still ever present. Part of that is due to it's location (she always lies on it & uses that particular portion of her leg to move, get up and /or walk. ) Her age is also making the healing process take that much longer. Suffice to say ... I have probably used at least 5 miles of tape & gauze.... it is a good thing those First Aid classes have paid off.

My Motu now wears a shoe on her paw constantly. While offering protection from the constant friction of walking & moving - it also provides a safe haven for her bandage. My Grand Dame likes to rip off her tape & gauze. This is no easy feat - although she does make quick work of it. Since the sore does need to breathe on occasion ... I have taken to putting a food container on her leg as a wee bit of protection.

It has helped a bit ... but just like a child, supervision is the key! So ... while I sit & knit on my latest charity endeavor ... The Classic T-Top Sweater - I will be knitting with one eye on my Motu.

(To prove she is a Grand Dame - don't think she will put on a 'lamp shade' without a fight! She is still feisty and - if it isn't a crown - she isn't wearing it!!)

Off I go! I must make sure her bandage is still in one piece. Send healing thoughts her way - or maybe just some bandages!
Remember: Imaginations create ... those that don't - copy.

No comments: