The Knotty Sheep Shop

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Hearts are broken and enlightened everyday. Sometimes people break hearts - sometimes it is disasters. While neither situation is good - it is 'people' who can make things better.

I am blessed by many things. 'People' is one of them. Sometimes disasters occur & our 'people' can't save us from them.

My fiber artist friend, Ann, is incredible. She teaches. She creates. She spins. She weaves. A little known fact about FAF Ann: she rehabilitates squirrels.

Ann has 'people' too. Chris, Mike & Jessica Beatty run the Florida Wild Mammal Association. To rescue & assist animals like squirrels, foxes, raccoons - it all seems quite exotic to me. They, on the other hand, have made it their life work.

Unfortunately, their hearts broke when disaster struck in the form of a Fire. While their 'people' couldn't prevent the fire ... their 'people' are stepping up to the plate to help them.

Maybe 'we' could all become their 'people' too. Having 'people' is good ... having even more 'people' is better. Donation addys are listed on their website. Whether if you have $2 or $20 to send - I am sure that the Beatty's would be most appreciative.

As FAF Ann pointed out when she first broke the news of this disaster (and I for one will use myself as the example here ...) sometimes I mention stashes or projects lying in wait. Sometimes I mention the need to declutter the studio when it is jammed packed to the windows ... and sometimes I just love the fact that I have 20 - 30 fleeces waiting patiently to just become something. How weird to have absolutely nothing but the clothes on your back? That is food for thought ... but they lost that too. And the animal's food as well.

Please consider becoming one of the Beatty's 'people'. New sock yarn is nice ... but when you have nothing, having new socks is better!
Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

1 comment:

Nannette said...

Thanks for the beautiful post. =) I was only too happy to make a donation.