The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, November 30, 2007

Etsy for Animals

I typically don't watch the news. It is disappointing and I feel completely overwhelmed with the state of the world: the poor economy, the wars & discord, the violence, the illness .... If you accept these messages - you become one without hope. That goes against my very being. We need hope & faith to get us out of bed in the morning. There is a huge difference in being informed about current events and the devastating sound bites that are used to tantalize.

I like selling my fibers on ETSY. It is a community of artists that make me want to push my creative limits. *THAT* is a good thing. What I truly love about it is the fact that I have hooked up with fellow artists who love animals as much as I!

Etsy for Animals is a shop where individual artists donate their pieces to assist animals in some way. Yes - I am repeating myself here as I have already posted about this wonderful group of global animal lovers ... but when I *see* what is out there (when I briefly ran to the [gulp] mall this week ... ) for Holiday Gift Giving ... I say "Ewwwwww"!

Instead ... Support the Holiday Trifecta!! Choose your gifts wisely: A gift that will not only please the recipient, but also the artist who created it, as well as a selected charity ... Yep - Holiday Trifecta!!

Remember: Imaginations create ... those that don't - copy.

No comments: