The Knotty Sheep Shop

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

knit - knit- knit- SPIN!

The weather here is slowly turning into Winter. I have seen a few snow flakes ... felt some gusty wind chills and had hot tea in front of the wood stove.

I am lucky ... I have a warm hearth and wool sweaters. Hot tea and an LL Bean snow jacket ... I was saddened to read that some children on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation spend their winters running around in sweatshirts. Did I mention that they have already seen 6 degrees ... fahrenheit??

Once again, I ask you to join Macuwita sni - it is Lakota term for "I am not cold". It is my hope that you may find time to knit a hat or a sweater for a child in need. I know times are both busy & strained ... The Holiday season is here ... and $$ seems to stretch less far. Reality hit me today when I found out a fellow artist/small business owner has begun to rely on food stamps. Another told me that we all need to use our Given Gifts - no matter what they are - for the betterment of humanity. I knit - therefore I am.

Tonight - in front of the wood stove, I will be working on the never ending guernsey.
The back is done - and I am finishing the front soon. I can't wait to start something else for the kids. Sometimes the best gifts don't need wrapping.

On that note - I have been a wee bit creative. Summer is fast approaching on the other side of the planet!! Maybe I can interest you in a
"Frozen Sherbert Cocktail"?



(Suffice to say ... even those of us with snow flakes swirling around our ears can take comfort in wool which is glowing with warmth!) Please support independant artists everywhere!

Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

No comments: