The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Be charitable ....

"Be charitable" .... I grew up hearing this phrase & bought into it's meaning hook, line & sinker!

Of course, the added phrase "Charity begins at home" also followed shortly there after. I always had trouble with its meaning as I figured it kind of canceled out the process of 'being charitable'.

I am not here to argue semantics or partake in a philosophical discussion ... to me, tapping the shoulder of the Good Karma Fairy is easy and reachable!

Last year, The Knotty Sheep collected $180 (from sales) to donate to Greyhound Friends! I am pleased ... but I need to work harder so I can donate more next year to PitteLove Rescue ... get those wallets out in the open ladies & gents ... The Knotty Sheep is open 24/7!

But wait - that isn't all! There is a new charity that needs our woolen hand knits!
Macuwita sni translates to "I am not cold!" For the thousands of children on the Cheyenne Sioux River reservation in South Dakota ... we knitters & crocheters would love to hear "Macuwita sni" from your lips!

Who is joining me?? Let's knit the world into a warmer place!

Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

1 comment:

DianeSchuller.com said...

found my way here from Sassy Pat's followed to Plain Jane's and from there to here. I love what you're doing to raise money for the dogs and for the children.

You have me thinking I need to come up with a way to raise funds to help out a few causes. Great work!

Diane
http://sandtoglass.blogspot.com/
http://dogsnaturally.blogspot.com/