The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Macuwita sni begins - the Gold Brocade ends

Macuwita sni has begun & morphs into something a little different everyday!

Excitement is felt - knowing that those who need good, warm woolies will be receiving them. Frustration is felt too ... knowing that more knitters/crocheters are always needed. The more sweaters, hats, mittens & vests received for the children of the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation .... the better. Collecting the woolies is ongoing - it is totally 'at your own pace'. Please consider adding a "Macuwita sni" project to your knitting bag OR consider donating a completed woolie knit in honor of a friend or loved one this Winter Holiday season ... totally a JOY! JOY! situation.

I started a sweater yesterday out of Peace Fleece. I am really glad that I don't fit into a child sized 12 - I want to keep it! :) 3" into it - and I already love the little details that show as well as the "Glasnost Gold" color.

One item I can keep is the Gold Brocade Christmas Stocking I finished! (Well, it does still need the hanging 'loop' and it does still need to dry a wee bit.) But - off the blocking board it came for photographic purposes .....



I LOVE it! Hmmm ... I am truly loving the 'golden tones' this year!

AND ... one tiny shameless plug - Black Belt Babe is now ON SALE! Ah .... Life is good!
Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

2 comments:

Denise in Kent, WA said...

Love the Gold Brocade Christmas stocking! That one, I think, is the most elegant of the bunch. If I had someone to knit a stocking for, I would be tempted to order the kit. As it is, you've succeeded in making me want to pull out my Tongue River sock yarn and knit a toasty pair of fair isle sox!

Diana said...

The stocking is beautful!!! Be sure to add it to our little groups photos. I always need items to feature! I have done 2 fair isle bags now I need to move on to larger items!!