The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, February 29, 2008

Going to the Post Office

Ah ... it is Friday!

Today - I get to make a trip to the post office. Yes - a bill or 2 needs to be tossed into the mail box, but, I also get to mail some handspun/handknitted warmth to a few kids on the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation. What *could* be better?

I don't know about you - but I am SO tired of hearing about the bad stuff. The news is filled with gloom & doom ... people seem to be frightened of the environment, the economy and even their neighbor. I say ... get your head out of your TV and make a difference! You want the World to change ... change it!

You want the environment to get better ... carry your own bags to the grocery instead of using those AWFUL plastic things! You want the economy to get better ... purchase from a artist instead of cheap, big box discount stores! You want your relationship with your neighbor to get better ... say "HELLO"! ~ I don't get why we make it so hard ... but, we do. Sigh .... Time to jump on the "HaPpY Bus" and make a difference.

Since we are always looking for new passengers to take a ride - here is the link for Macuwita sni O - in my box to the reservation?? 2 hats / 2 scarves.


Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

2 comments:

Nannette said...

ooh love the hats! Is that your own handspun? I LOVE the colors!

Nana Sadie said...

I love those hats, too! And so true, we are the change-agents we so desperately seek outside ourselves!
(((hugs)))