The Knotty Sheep Shop

Monday, October 08, 2007

Vacations are a *good thing*!

Vacations are a *good thing*!

Even though I never travel far ... being at the Beach with loved ones does soothe the savage soul.

On a day to day basis, we get 'caught up' in the routine, the mundane. It is 'the same old, same old' - rarely does a new experience or 'refreshing breeze' pop into our lives. How can it? We are so busy with jobs, and kids, and pets, and bills and so on ... that a 'category 5' could hit us head on and we might not notice.

I didn't do anything great by "Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous" standards ... but it was great by my standards. I was able to watch my dog enjoy fragrant beach aromas ... I was able to watch DH have a ball wrestling with Blue Fish and I was able to stop doing the 'same old, same old' and to just BE ... to hear waves instead of traffic. To smell salt air instead of exhaust fumes. To appreciate the sea gulls diving at bait fish instead of picking up litter on my front lawn (left by those who insist throwing out trash from their car windows isn't littering!)

Of course - spinning & knitting were at the top of my list. Is there a better way to relax than to enjoy the fiber arts by the sea with either a glass of cab sav or sav blanc at my side? .... Nope - methinks not!

So, my JOYness got a work out:



So did a spindle or two:



And of course - the wee needles! Charity sox will hopefully be done this week:



Yes - vacations are a *good thing*. I am just hoping that I can parlay my thoughts & energies into new creations while forgoing the mundane - well, maybe after I pick up the lawn litter.
Remember .... Inspire Art! Create Art! Buy Art! Be ART!! Comments, please!

No comments: