The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, August 26, 2005

The Aran Pocket Shawl is coming along nicely. I do like the texture - an interesting 'woven' pattern is developing. While the photo doesn't really 'show' the nice ridges, the Peace Fleece yarn holds the pattern quite well. This is going to be one warm an sturdy shawl. (Color: Buffalo Browniski.)


As far as Illustration Friday goes - suffice to say, my inner critic was running at warp speed last week. To many starts, stops, and throw aways. My recycle bin over flowth with sketches that were mediocre at best. Hopefully, I will do better *this* week.

Last Friday, the goal was 'Reflection'. While I didn't do an illustration, I did snap this photo .... Comments - please.

4 comments:

Stasia said...

Well, now, why didn't you send in the photo? Don't photos count - can't people "illustrate" the topic in any way? Like that one guy did animation... I'm curious!

Stasia said...

P.S. I LOVE THE PHOTO! Sorry, forgot to say that! Your Aran Pocket looks like it's coming along well, now that you have the pattern corrected. ;-)

Starweaver said...

Thanks Kary for the nice comments. I'm Llynraven on the spindlers list.

Anonymous said...

Hi

The Aran Pocket Shawl looks lovely. It's on my Want to do list (ever growing). Is the Peace Fleece scratchy at all or is it soft to touch. I was thinking of making this for MIL and she is a picky person. Thanks.

Lois