The Knotty Sheep Shop

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

You may be surprised to learn that I have never owned a yarn swift. Only recently did I make the plunge of 'procurement'. I now own my very own swift!

It didn't take much deliberation on my part. The taller, umbrella looking things scare me - so they weren't an option. (I imagine that if Stephen King ever chooses to do a knitting horror movie - those umbrella things would come to life and create some unimaginable terror for us fiber folk!!)

So ... I chose a Mama Bear Table Swift. Love it! Love it! Love it!

Yes - you do need 'table room' for it ... but it works wonderfully. I have been 'balling up' everything in site. Heck, if those umbrella things ever do come to life - my army of yarn balls will take care of them post haste!

On the swift?? ... Brooks Farm Duet, Biscayne Bay colorway for the third ClaPpY!!

TAGS and Comments .... Please! (Oh, by the way, I have recently found out that FREE tag boards - like mine - have a pop up embedded somewhere in it's code. I am still trying to find the little bugger!)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't believe you just now got a swift! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. By the way, if it helps, the pop ups have only been showing up on my computer for about a week and a half. Did you add something new around that time? Thought it might help...

Birdsong said...

Great choice getting a table swift... I love mine. more stable... also love the colors in that demo skein!