The Knotty Sheep Shop

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Being on 'auto-pilot' is a safety net without sensory experiences. They (not that I know who *they* are!) say it takes 28 days to break a habit ... oh boy! I am going to be 'stichin & bitchin' until mid-September when I become a total Dare-Devil! I am hoping that with each new found experience ... a subtle glow will over come me - just like Monica on the TV show "Touched By an Angel" in the closing 10 minutes.

Tonight - I tried something new in the produce section of my supermarket. I had recently read in a cooking magazine to try something NEW with each vist: a new spice, a new fruit, a new SOMETHING! It will expand KNOWLEDGE! Hey, what do *I* know??

Monstera Deliciosa was my first attempt at Dare-Devilness. One would think I should have found this website before hacking into the poor, unsuspecting fruit with a machete. Needless to say - the fruit was UNripe, I swear it burnt my face (I keep checking for either blisters or rash) and it was promptly disposed of in my compost bucket. MoM would be horrified - I actually spit!

Guess to be an official Dare-Devil - one must make a feeble attempt at research before FLYing.

This past weekend was also my 3rd BloG Birthday! WOW ... 3 whole years of web journaling ... amazing. Of course, no Bday can be complete without gifts - so I attended a local Cultural Survival Festival and purchased YARN! Not just any yarn - but yarn with a purpose. This yarn was dYed with 'prickly pear' cactus and spun from Churro sheepies. The Migrations site has a host of weavings, jewelry, wool, and fiber tools awaiting YOU. Of course, it all helps the Navajo, and it continues a vital way of life for their cultural survival. My skein was spun by Betty Nez ... Thank YOU, Betty for this gorgeous art form!

Here is to a ZEN day! Hmmm - wonder what 'prickly pear' tastes like?? Tags and comments .... Please!

No comments: