The Knotty Sheep Shop

Monday, October 14, 2002

Today, I became a MOM! Now, there is an eye-opener! I did not give birth or adopt ... I became a 'sponsor' mom. Well, my husband & I became sponsor parents thru Childreach!! They are based in Rhode Island and I have actually visited & volunteered at their home office. This is not our first sponsored child, we have done it before and it is an exhilarating experience! In perusing the website - it is difficult to choose - I found myself wanting to sponsor all the children!! But - when I saw Ana-cecilia - I knew she was an 'old soul' who touched mine. Serendipity!! I LOVE it!! She is 10 years old and lives in Columbia! I also found this website today - Erika - has created this website so others will know more about sponsored children. If you have the means to involve yourself in the lives of others - I urge you to do it. You may never know how you have touched someone, but if it 'feels good' to you - imagine what the recipient of your deed feels!! INTOXICATING!!!! On a fibery note - I plied almost 200 yards of a pygora blend and set the twist. It almost dried under the most perfect fall day!! I *think* since we *might* get a frost - the wood stove needs to be lit and they will finish drying there! But - I am a MOM tonight and I thought I would share a photo of Ana-cecilia. I took it from a sheet of paper - so it isn't the best photo in the world, but who cares!! I am a PROUD NEW MOM!! TAG ME ... you are it!!

No comments: