The Knotty Sheep Shop

Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Today was a glorious fall day! The sun was shining, the leaves were falling, and I was knitting outside under the now barren cherry tree. OK, I wasn't directly underneath - but I was close. I am on my second slipper for The Ships Project. This will make my 4th pair and I must say - I am quite addicted to making these slippers. My wheel - spun yarn seems to 'fit' perfectly! On this slipper, I am using shetland (from a sheep named Ebony); romney (from a ram named Million); and some left over GCNI from MY socks!! It contrasts with the romney wonderfully!! Another NEW addiction I discovered is weaving on a Weave-ette. These little looms are EZ-PZ and so mobile!! I made my first really good square on vacation. I had tried several times previously - but the Fiber Gods hadn't chosen the 'right' time for me to learn until I was sitting by the ocean. Funny how that happens isn't it?? I used spindle spun 2 ply made from FREE fiber samples that I had received with orders placed from fiber vendors!! Now - instead of making socks for Christmas, I am thinking a least one set of mug rugs/ coasters. Lord knows I have enough fiber to choose from!! Hmm - I wonder what else I will be addicted too in the near future?? TAG ME ... you are it!

No comments: