The Knotty Sheep Shop

Monday, September 23, 2002

This weekend - I decided that I was moody when it comes to fiber. There are certain times when my fingers just can't handle the fine stuff. This Saturday - it was merino. It wasn't the fiber or spindle - it was ME. While I was spinning - I knew it didn't 'feel right' - but I forced it. I thought that I could over come the feeling and MAKE it work. Valuable lesson - most times - you can't MAKE things work if it isn't "their" time in 'the Universe'. So - I ditched the whole thing. Normally, fiber ends up in my compost pile - but not Saturday - in the trash it went. I truly believed - 'out of sight / out of mind'. So much for that philosophy - here it is 2 days later and I am still thinking about it. SIGH.... Also - someone recently asked me how I started painting on canvas bags - truth be told - I started painting on canvas sneakers first. Since I work in a pre-school, it wasn't difficult for the kids to love my shoes - the bright colors! The different designs!! I take pride in knowing that some of my sneakers have been to Bermuda, Las Vegas, Thailand, and Bora Bora. I should mention Block Island too - but, then again - you would know those were mine! Enough of my ramblings for one day ... TAG ME ... you are it!!

No comments: