The Knotty Sheep Shop

Saturday, August 10, 2002

Knitting, spinning - painting or even cooking for that matter involves time. I have been thinking a lot of time recently. How I use it - and more importantly - how I waste it. Time is really the one thing that we never get back and it is something that most of us take for granted. Drop spindling and sock knitting are great ways to maximize time that otherwise would be lost. My wheel spinning takes place when I listen to the TV at night. Knitting transpires under my cherry tree outside. Painting usually takes place right after sunrise before the world awakens and the smell of sleepy dreams still linger in the morning air. I am at my best in the midst of this earliness. Most of us who spend any amount of time creating never really get monetary reimbursement for our time. I guess for us - it is time well spent as long as we are creating something! I started spinning some more GCNI fiber for socks tonight. Hmm, with winter holidays are fast approaching - I hope I have enough time!....... TAG, you are it!!

No comments: