The Knotty Sheep Shop

Friday, August 16, 2002

Once again - we were in the 90's! So very hard to believe. Leaves are actually falling from our trees from lack of water. So - while reminiscent of fall - the temperatures tell a completely different tale. I did manage to count my wpi & set the twist in my first skein from Trade Day. This alpaca was a 'apricot' color prior to washing. After washing - it was more 'custard' color. This wonderful little skein is 2 ply, 18 wpi & 64 yards. Spun & plied on my Stacey spindle. As it was drying - I started to spin the moorit alpaca. While the staple length isn't as long as my previous venture - it is still buttery soft and oh - so - delightful! The color looks like a curl of smoke twisting upwards from a small beach fire. It is absolute lovely! And while I was thinking of the color - my mind raced a head to cooler nights - wearing thick wool sweaters & thick wool socks. How I wish those temperatures were here now! I hope to complete spinning this color tomorrow and possibly ply it too. Then - I move on to the magical reddish-brown alpaca ...YummY! Tomorrow evening - it is football!! A perfect backdrop for spinning my GCNI sock wool! TAG ME ... you are it!

No comments: